Anne-Sophie Pic named the Best Female Chef by The World’s 50 Best Restaurants was born in France, in Valence. Pic is from a dynasty of cooks. Her father had a restaurant Maison Pic. When she was a little girl, she decided to become a chef as her grandfather, Andre Pic.
After the school graduation, Anne-Sophie decided to learn a work of chef outside France. So she went to Japan and also to the United States. During her travel, Anne-Sophie was strongly influenced by different cultures and especially cooking traditions.
When Anne-Sophie Pic returned to France, she began to work under her father control and then she became a director of the family restaurant.
Her fantastic career didn’t stop to create a family. Anne-Sophie was married with David Sinapian. She has a son.
Now Anne-Sophie Pic is very popular and respectful. Le Figaro met her on the list of the top twenty richest chefs in France, she received the Veuve Clicquot World’s Best Female Chef award and a lot of others awards professional.
Her favorite recipe is Royal Fish Pie.
- 1,5 cup flour
- 375g butter puff pastry
- White part of leek
- 1 small bulb fennel
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 bay leaf
- 180g smoked ocean trout fillet
- 180g smoked cod fillet
- 180g smoked mackerel fillets
- 1-liter milk
- 50g butter
- 1,5 cup finely grated strong cheddar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon
- 1,5 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Place vegetables, fish, and milk together in a pan over a medium-low heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Strain fish into a colander.
- To make the sauce heat butter over a medium heat until melted.
- Add flour and 500ml of milk from the fish.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheddar, chopped fennel fronds, tarragon, parsley, peas, salt, and pepper.
- Add the sauce.
- Remove pastry from the packet.
- Roll the pastry over the top of the filling.
- Trim edges.
- Brush pastry with egg.
- Place pie on a baking tray in the preheated oven, bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad.