Jamie Trevor Oliver was born in the family of owners of a pub ‘The Cricketers’. When he was 8 years old, he started to work there as a waiter. Jamie wanted to become a rockstar.
So at the age of 14, he formed his own rock band called “Scarlet Division”. But in the near future, Jamie was disappointed in his talent to music.
Because of this after school, he decided to choose a “serious profession” and went to study Economics at Westminster Catering College. There Jamie found his vocation in this world. He decided to work as a chef of cuisine.
For realizing it Jamie Oliver started his career as a pastry chef at Antonio Carluccio’s Neal’s Yard. He had a great mentor, Gennaro Contaldo.
Jamie decided also to make TV shows about cooking. His first show debuted in 1999 and became popular. It called “The Naked Chef” and it ran for three seasons. It was a real success. Next, he started the second show called “Jamie’s Kitchen”.
Now Jamie Oliver is famous British chef and popular author of cookery books. We found one of the recipes made by him according to legend. It’s a delicious Ice Cream Sandwich. Try to cook it for your children!
- 375g Puff Pastry, defrosted
- 500ml tub Beer Salted Honey & Roasted Almond Ice Cream
- 500gr flour
- Put a flour on the baking tray.
- Place the pastry on the baking tray.
- Pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove top tray and continue to bake for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the sandwiches, place a pastry on a plate top with ice cream.
- Serve warm.